David Nickel wrote:

> Guten Tag!!
>     In the builds newsgroup and I see also on the checkins page, they
> talk about static builds. Does anybody know what this is and what it does?
> Thank you for your help!
> David Nickel

"Static build" refers to a build in which some of the DLLs (or shared
objects if you're on one of those 'alternative' OSs) are built as static
libraries and are statically linked into the program.  What this does is
effectively make the library an intergral part of the program, instead
of a separate "loadable module" which the OS has to load at runtime and
then 'link' into the main program, thus saving a bit of work at runtime.

I don't believe there are separate "static builds" available, nor will
there be, I think the plan is to just make some of the DLLs into static
libraries wherever it makes sense
*COUGH*somethingIsuggestedmonthsago*COUGH* in the main trunk.