Ian Hickson wrote:

> On Mon, 18 Jun 2001, JTK wrote:
> >
> > jesus X wrote:
> >>
> >> No, Netscape released 6.0 because they NEEDED to get a new version
> >> out before the year ended. Their choice was rushed by their
> >> marketing department, and had nothing to do with Mozilla.
> >
> > Right there: Netscape has nothing to do with Mozilla. Your words,
> > not mine.
>
> Ok, I think now would be a good time for elementary English classes.

First answer me this:  Are you one of the QA geniuses that put their
stamp of approval on Netscape 6.0?

[snip the sad pedantry]

> By substitution of context, that sentence is equivalent to:
> "[Netscape's] choice was rushed by [Netscape's] marketing department,
> and had nothing to do with Mozilla.".

And by reduction, "Netscape's choices have nothing to do with Mozilla".
A known-false statement.

[S-N-I-P - God, do they pay you to type this much?]

> Let us compare these two sentences:
>
>    [Netscape's choice] had nothing to do with Mozilla.
>    Netscape has nothing to do with Mozilla.
>
> Are they equivalent?

Yes.  If Netscape's choices had no effect on Maozilla, that would by
simple induction require that Netscape had nothing to do with Maozilla.
QED.

[megasnip]

> Ergo: Your statement is wrong.

No, you failed refutation of my correct statement is strident and
pathetic.

> Indeed, your statement is probably
> grounds for a lawsuit, since you are insinuating that jesus X said
> something which he did not.

BAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Yeah, that'd be one hell of a "Judge Judy" episode, wouldn't it!

"But your honor, he INSINUATED me!  Well... yeah... that is in fact what
I said..."

BAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAAHAHHHAHAHAHHAHAA!!!

Maybe I should countersue jesus X for misrepresenting himself as the
King of Kings and Lord of Lords, huh Ironsides?

Or maybe you should get back to Assuring the Quality of Maozilla's I
mean Netscape 6.x's Standards Compliance and shut your word hole.