Jerry Baker wrote:

> I see that Mozilla and NN6 usage is still hovering somehwere just under
> 0.5%. Is there anyone investigating why?
>
> --
> Jerry Baker

Apparently no one is investigating the poor adoption of Mozilla/NN6 at
all. I would be interested in working with anyone who wishes to assist
with creating a survey for NN4.X users to ascertain why they shun
Mozilla/NN6. I think it would be most telling. I suspect that the
problem is simply a disconnect between the priorities of the Mozilla
Project/Netscape and the people who are supposed to use this thing, but
only a proper survey can find that out.

Any ideas/volunteers?

Some ideas of my own:

1) The survey cannot be conducted by simply placing it on mozilla.org or
mozillazine.org. This would introduce sampling error of the highest
degree by not including those NN4 users which do not participate in
Mozilla at all.

2) The survey cannot be conducted by posting in a newsgroup or mailing
list for the same reason.

3) An ideal situation would be to have some high traffic Web site sniff
NN4 users and pop-up a survey for them, place a cookie for minimal
security against multiple votes, and tally the results.

--
Jerry Baker