Hi Robert.

Hopefully someone else can help with the Win32 compile - please :)
I think Marks suggestion of using a width option may be less confusing and
easier to use.

As far as radio is concerned, the 2 main presets would be something like
this:
1. Music/commercials:
        FM    50 - 15000 hz, stereo:
                --lowpass 15000
                --lowpass_width 0 (sharp cut-off)
                -m j -b 128
Not sure whether a highpass at 50hz would be beneficial or not.

2. High quality voice (interviews etc).  I'm not sure what the best settings
for this would be.  I haven't analysed voice frequencies so I'm guessing at
the following:
        HQvoice  200 - 10000 hz, mono:
                  --lowpass 10000
                  --highpass 200
                  -m m -b 64

Support for variable bit-rate should be added to the presets as well.  If -v
is specified, an equivalent -V setting should be defaulted.  I presume -V4
could be used for both of these.  The -b settings would have to be increased
or removed.

Cheers,
Ross.