Hi Michael,

In 3.87, I thought I disabled the Xing header if an ID3v2 tag
was also being used.  So hopefully there is no Xing header at all :-)
The code in 3.87 could not handle both id3v2 and xing vbr header.

I just took at the code, and now the VBR header code is
id3 tag aware, (Maybe Albert just added this?)
So LAME 3.88alpha will now allow both, but I didn't test this
at all.

by the way, which is supposed to come first, id3v2, or Xing vbr
header?

Mark