Andy writes:

Thank yourselves for electing Pat Awada over Carol Johnson.

Andy Driscoll
Saint Paul

Don adds:

Actually, Minneapolis voters voted by a wide margin for
Carol Johnson over Pat Awada -- 85,249 to 32,450.  That's
a margin of 72 to 28, although both of the percentages
would be a little lower if we factored in candidates who
came in third and fourth.

But the larger issue here is still relevant -- electing
Republicans is bad for Minneapolis.   Pawlenty and Awada
come from Eagan, where they don't get as much LGA as
Minneapolis, so they're happy to cut it by 42%.  This
would have a disproportionate impact on Minneapolis.

In the past, some Republicans have argued on the list
that the solution is to elect MORE Republicans from
Minneapolis.  I don't buy it.  It's like begging for crumbs.
The solution is to work harder to elect more Democrats
everywhere, who would in turn have more ability to
fend off these unfortunate proposals.

Don Jorovsky
New Brighton