Hello Andy:

It is an even larger percentage of the St. Paul and
Duluth budgets. I believe 16% for St. Paul and 19% for
Duluth, 12% Minneapolis.

Ken Bradley Corcoran Neighborhood

--- Don Jorovsky <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Andy writes:
>
> Thank yourselves for electing Pat Awada over Carol
> Johnson.
>
> Andy Driscoll
> Saint Paul
>

> Don adds:
>
> Actually, Minneapolis voters voted by a wide margin
> for
> Carol Johnson over Pat Awada -- 85,249 to 32,450.
> That's
> a margin of 72 to 28, although both of the
> percentages
> would be a little lower if we factored in candidates
> who
> came in third and fourth.
>
> But the larger issue here is still relevant --
> electing
> Republicans is bad for Minneapolis.   Pawlenty and
> Awada
> come from Eagan, where they don't get as much LGA as
> Minneapolis, so they're happy to cut it by 42%.
> This
> would have a disproportionate impact on Minneapolis.
>
> In the past, some Republicans have argued on the
> list
> that the solution is to elect MORE Republicans from
>
> Minneapolis.  I don't buy it.  It's like begging for
> crumbs.
> The solution is to work harder to elect more
> Democrats
> everywhere, who would in turn have more ability to
> fend off these unfortunate proposals.
>
> Don Jorovsky
> New BrightonGet more from the Web.  FREE MSN
> Explorer download : http://explorer.msn.com

http://shopping.yahoo.com

TEMPORARY REMINDER:
1. Send all posts in plain-text format.
2. Cut as much of the post you're responding to as possible.