Howdy -

I'm still pretty new here (Minneapolis), so can
someone explain something to me?

Why is it that the CM's who've publicly declared their
support for McManus include some the ones I'd usually
expect to be opposing mayoral initiatives (not that
there is some monolithic "opposition bloc")? (i.e.
Samuels, Johnson-Lee, Zimmerman). And why do the folks
who would usually be classified as "centrists" seem to
be the folks trying to block the appointment?

But then again, since I'm new here, I may have this
all wrong. I guess what I'm trying to figure out is
who's ox is being gored on this issue, and what
support/opposition to McManus "really" means.

Best,

Aaron Klemz
Hale