> The advantage would be that the users can use the screenreader they are used
> to.

Yes, maybe it is a advantage.

> But maybe - as you write - it is not possible to achieve good results if the
> application is not a 100% default Windows application.

Huh, that first and if you want that your program does something not "standard"
from the screen-reader, good luck to make it work.
And what about compatibility with Windows versions (XP and Win10 does not use
same screen-reader) ?

PS: By the way, of course if you want to make MSEgui assistive interface
compatible also with build-in Windows screen-reader, do it and I will support
you work. (and after this I will adapt SAK to be better ;-) )