On 2016-12-02 13:19, Martin Schreiber wrote:
> Please use left arrow instead of right arrow in order to select the top
> level items.

Ah, that's a good alternative.

> I am not sure if it is a good idea to activate the mainmenu
> by Alt-key alone. Maybe Alt+Menu is better.

I can't think of any application that maps the Alt-key alone to any
specific function. Probably why Microsoft chose it for there standard
main menu usage, and because Alt+<some_key> already works with the main
menu - so Alt-key alone is just a variation of Alt+<some_key>

On OSX, Apple uses Ctrl+F2 to accomplish the above. But that shortcut is
often used for something else under X11 or Windows. So probably not the
best idea.

OS/2 also used the Alt-key alone for main menu (or action bar) focus.

As for your suggestion about Alt+Menu... I've seen Windows applications
use that shortcut before. I don't know if that was a global shortcut, or
application specific.

Regards,
  Graeme

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/