Hello Martin.

I found a guilty for my system: tsplitter1.

object tsplitter1: tsplitter
    linkleft = scope
    linkright = fft
  end

In new main.mfm tsplitter1 is placed before object scope and fft.

I did move in code object tsplitter1 after object scope/fft and all comes ok.

I do not know if main.mfm is sequential but it solves all.

>That means main.mfm has been loaded as text? Can you reproduce it again with
> untouched files from git? If yes, please report the exact steps.

I have to check this, I cannot do it here, write you later.

> operating system, which window manager?

Linux Mint 64 bit with Mint-built in WM