> I get the attached screenshot. And now?

Ooops, I forget to add the last step.

3) - Open main.pas from official MSEide menu Files/Open.

4) - A message will say that a file is missing  -> choose
samples/skin/defaultskin.mfm

5) - Do a screen-shot of the crash.

By the way, I did analyse your new code.

You added a average: tbooleanedit  and averagecount: tintegerdisp + 2 layouters.

To get it work (I know it is not the academic way), using the previous
main.mfm, open main.pas with mse designer, add a average: tbooleanedit  and
averagecount: tintegerdisp.

Assign averagesetev to average.onsetvalue + buffullev to
fft.sampler.onbufferfull.

Then in main.pas, delete those 2 added objects in tmainfo = class(tmainform)
because there are twice declared.

I will investigate more tonight but I suspect the 2 tlayouter to be part of the
problem.