________________________________
De : Sieghard via mseide-msegui-talk <mseide-msegui-talk@lists.sourceforge.net>
Envoyé : jeudi 24 février 2022 21:11
À : mseide-msegui-talk@lists.sourceforge.net
<mseide-msegui-talk@lists.sourceforge.net>
Cc : Sieghard <s_c_...@arcor.de>
Objet : Re: [MSEide-MSEgui-talk] UTF things?

Hallo Fred van Stappen,

vous ecrit au Wed, 23 Feb 2022 23:30:18 +0000:

> > So the task was to find the text rendering engine used by mseide,
> Exactly, it is what I am looking for.
> Do you have a idea where to look in msegui code, should it be in X11
> sector or do you see some light in some direction?

Yes, that's the area I was just researching as well. There's even a
msex11gdi.pas unit in the graphics/ directory, and this is used in
kernel/linux/mseuniintf.pas. Maybe that can provide a starting point,
at least, I hope it's not misleading, after all. There are a couple
weird things in this area, e.g. I found a type declaration, txglyphinfo,
that's nowhere defined and doesn't even show up in fpc's sources nor
in the system includes (header files). (At least if the grep program
is working correctly.)
It seems that there are some loose ends still lying around.