>  (1) Is newlib-nano supported?
>  (2) Is C++ supported?

Tricky questions.  Technically, if you don't have a support contract
with someone, the answer is "no" because, well, because ;-)

But the answers you probably want are...

I haven't tried newlib-nano but there's no reason why it wouldn't work.

The tools support C++ although getting it to work well in smaller
RAM'd chips might be tricky.  We test it internally, but our simulator
has lots of RAM.  Heck, the tools probably support other languages as
well but we haven't tested them.