Thank you for Delorie for the quick response!!

Please, find the my project settings in CCSv6 that I am currently using:

1. Under "General" Tab -> Variant: MSP430F5438A.
     In "Advance Settings(Under Genaral tab)" ->
          Compiler Version: GNU v4.8.0(Red Hat)
           Linker command file: msp430f5438a.ld
           Runtime support library: libc.a (NOTE: Compiler generates the
following error when I choose the
                                                               "libc.a"  file
present in "/large/libc.a" -- "cannot find
-l/home/devaiahchendanda/ti/ccsv6/tools/compiler/gcc_msp430_4.8.371/msp430-elf/lib/large/libc"

2. Under "GNU Compiler --> Runtime"
        Target MCU(-mmcu) : MSP430x
         Symbols : [I have defined the following 3 symbols: ]
                           __LARGE_DATA_MODEL__
                           __LARGE_MEMORY_MODEL__
                           __MSP430F5438A__

3. I have also tried including the PATH --
"/home/devaiahchendanda/ti/ccsv6/tools/compiler/gcc_msp430_4.8.371/msp430-elf/lib/large"
 in "Directories-->Include path" but this didn't help.

4. Optimization Level: None also, I have enabled "-fdata-sections" &
"-ffunction-sections".

5. under "Miscellaneous" Tab I have entered "-mlarge".

6. I have not changed anything in "GNU Linker" Tab. All settings are default.

SORRY, for writing a very long mail, this is with an intention to let you know
if I am missing anything here.

Thank you,

Regards,
Devaiah Chendanda