On Wed, Sep 10, 2014 at 9:31 AM, Ben Ransford <b...@ransford.org> wrote:
> On Sep 10, 2014, at 7:19 AM, Kees Schoenmakers <ksli...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I found the archives for the newest msp430-gcc on the TI site via
>> .
>> http://www.ti.com/tool/MSP430-3P-GCC-MSPGCC-TPDE
>
> The "production" version of GCC for MSP430, which TI announced* on August 18,
> lives here:
>
>   http://www.ti.com/tool/msp430-gcc-opensource
>
> ... whereas the URL you mentioned seems to refer to a beta release.
>
> I don't know whether the production version fixes the syntax error you saw,
> but
> perhaps it's worth a try.

TI seems to change the naming conventions of the source releases with
each package, which also makes it difficult to figure out what's going
on.  2.00.00's msp430-gcc-14r1-10-source.tar.bz2 is bitwise identical
to 2.01.01's msp430-gcc-source.tar.bz2.  Either there is no difference
in the toolchain between 2.00.00 and 2.01.01, or the source archive
http://software-dl.ti.com/msp430/msp430_public_sw/mcu/msp430/MSPGCC/latest/exports/msp430-gcc-source.tar.bz2
was not updated.

The 2.01.01 headers files in
http://software-dl.ti.com/msp430/msp430_public_sw/mcu/msp430/MSPGCC/latest/exports/msp430-support-files.zip
are slightly different: USBRAM sections in linker files, cleanup of
some RTC defines.

Neither situation would fix the issue with the interrupt declaration;
I don't know what the problem is there; probably the new toolchain
requires a different interrupt declaration syntax than you're using.

Peter