Hi

> On 12.12.2014, at 12:57, Peter Bigot <big...@acm.org> wrote:
> .. But since mspgcc doesn't build on Ubuntu 14.04 the code size issue does
> become more important.  ...

not really related to the code size problem but I'd like to recommend the use
of Docker for the case where the default compiler causes problems. After
failing to properly compile our desktop apps for 32-bit on a 64-bit built
machine, we switched to compiling it from a 32-bit linux Docker container. As
it is a container and we only use for this particular built task, we're free to
try to use newer linux distributions easily.

(note: this is not intended to stop Peter from helping out in getting the
msp430-elf usable by the masses)

Best
 Matthias