Hi people,

Laurens Holst:
> It's very easy to do from a DOS environment aswell. Just use a BBS program
> like HyperTerminal in Windows (I don't know one on Linux, but it should
> definately be there), and use the terminal program Erix on your MSX. If you
> set the same baudrate on both sides, and connect both computers using a
> so-called 'crosscable' or 'null modem link cable', then you can simply use
> YMODEM transfers to send files from the one computer to the other.

This option sounded as the most simple one. In Win98se (using Hyperterminal)
as well as in Linux (using minicom) I got exactly the same (unsatisfactory)
result: when I type some characters on the MSX keyboard, they show up on the
PC, but not vice versa. I can also let Erix send an ASCII file which also
shows up on the PC terminal window, again in Linux as well as in Win98. But
that's all.

In Erix  I use default/MSX/ANSI as terminal parameters, and I use 115200-8N1
as interface parameters in every com program mentioned.

I have tried every protocol. Should I specify modem commands? And if so,
which? And if not, what could I be doing wrong?

Greetings,
Diederick de Vries, Groningen (Netherlands)