> > In Erix  I use default/MSX/ANSI as terminal parameters, and I use
115200-8N1
> > as interface parameters in every com program mentioned.
>
> Try 19200-8N1 first (115kbps is suitable only for TR in R800 mode, or you
will loose
> data when sending from PC to MSX). Also, check if you enabled RTS/CTS,
because
> Erix Fossil Driver uses these control lines.
> With Z80 3.5MHz I got a maximum of 33k6bps on UZIX with Sunrise RS232.
Greater
> speeds causes data loss.

That data loss should be corrected by the error control I think, although I
indeed disadvise against using 115kbps it should not lead to corrupted data
but only to slower downloads. In Erix, a 56k download (@7MHz) is indeed
faster than a 115k one. My own YModem download program I wrote though is
ofcourse a lot faster, and therefor is limited by the 56k. So, in that case,
setting 115k is the best choice. Anyways, it's not publicly available (yet),
so just make do with Erix :).

As for the problem you have with one-way transmissions... Somehow they sound
familiar, at the Bussum fair I think I had pretty much the same problem.
When I was typing on my PC, it didn't appear on my MSX. However, the good
thing would be if I had solved it then, but I don't really recall anymore
whether I did. Or wait, as a matter of fact I did, yes, I remember showing
my download program's speed to someone (Patriek perhaps). Problem still is,
I don't recall HOW I solved it ;p. I *think* one of the connectors came a
bit loose, but I'm not sure about that.

Anyways, here at home I have never had any problems with it, although for
some reason Erix doesn't transfer files to HyperTerminal with YModem very
well (read: not at all)... XModem does work, but it sucks! But that's beside
the point. Something what perhaps your problem might be, is that your
nullmodem cable is not really ok. As far as I know, the concept of
'nullmodem cable' is a bit tricky and not fully RS232-standard (at least,
not the simple crosscables). I even believe I read that there are three
different types of nullmodem links. And er, no, I don't know the URL of that
page anymore. In any case, the differences were mainly related to the
hardware flow control, so indeed using software flow control or meddling a
little with the other settings might make it work.

Also there is the possibility of a loose wire in the cable, did you test it?
You can connect one side to the first COM port of your PC, and the other
side to the other, and then open two instances of HyperTerminal.

I hope you can solve it. Keep us updated :).