Nowhere was it mentioned that there was an across the frame multiplication
with a scalar as far as manipulating the transform coefficients.  That
might make it time variant.  My concept was in the domain of audio
engineering which reads a side-chain signal to obtain attenuation factors
in the context of EQ.  Please see the Wavesfactory Trackspacer to get a
sense of what I mean.