I am not familiar with the workshop, but maybe these:

https://ccrma.stanford.edu/~stilti/papers/Welcome.html
https://ccrma.stanford.edu/~dtyeh/papers/pubs.html

I always thought this was a good place to start:

"Simulation of the diode limiter in guitar distortion circuits by numerical solution of ordinary differential equations."
https://ccrma.stanford.edu/~dtyeh/papers/yeh07_dafx_clipode.pdf

I'm sure there's many more in the user pages linked off:
https://ccrma.stanford.edu/people

Not specific to the CCRMA workshop, but there are plenty of papers on this topic in DAFx proceedings:

https://www.dafx.de/paper-archive/

And maybe even some in ICMC proceedings since mid-90s:

https://quod.lib.umich.edu/i/icmc

Ross.