Hello Richard,

Sure the window  has a meaning. The window is pulled into the integration and exists there as its differentiated form.If you rewrite formula [1] of your paper:

or plain text:
Ft+1(n)=(Ft(n) + (-1.)*f(t) + (1.)*ft+N)

you have the 1 and -1 of the discretely differentiated rectangular window height 1. So you’re able to use otters windows, you just need to differentiate them and the equation becomes this:

with dWi being the discretely differentiated window function.

It’s a lot more to process, but hey, we all have Mac Pros, don’t we?

Best,

Steffan