> Date: Thu, 16 Sep 1999 15:41:50 +0200
> From: Nicolas ASPERT <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> The problem is the following : I have 2 instruments but the meter for
> the first one should be 2/4, and the meter for the 2nd one should be
> 3/4. (there will also be a third playing 6/8...). [...]

> I have no idea about how to write the bars independently on each line of
> my score (using \bar just puts a bar in every line...)

I'm not sure what the problem is. Typesetting the meter should be easy.
So I assume the problem is the spacing of the notes. Don Simons has
investigated a lot to find the correct spacing for x-tuplets with
different number of notes in different voices. So I know the "manual"
solution isn't easy. If the bars are simple, e.g. two quarters in
one voice and three in the second the solution can be easy:

 \NOtes\qa{cc}&\multnoteskip{.667}\qa{ccc}\en

If the rhythm is more complicated the solution is more complex :-(

But the pattern

  \notes...&\multnoteskip{.667}...\en  (with notes, Notes, NOtes, ...)

can be a quite useable approach to the correct spacing.

Here is a sample

\instrumentnumber{2}\setmeter1{{\meterfrac24}}\setmeter2{{\meterfrac34}}
\startextract\NOtes\qa{cc}&\multnoteskip{.667}\qa{ccc}\en\endextract
\bye

-- Werner