> Date: Tue, 21 Sep 1999 09:32:00 +0200
> From: Nicolas ASPERT <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> Werner Icking wrote:
>
> > Again, I do not understand what you mean with "bars aligned". Normally
> > a barline is typeset for all voices of a score. Do you want to have
> > seperate bar lines in seperate voices at different places? e.g.
> >
> > voice 1   o o   o | o   o o |
> > voice 2   o o | o   o | o o |

> This is exactly what I want to do. Sorry for not being clear. I guess I
> am not used to explain these things at least in english.

But English is easier for me than "Schwizer Dütsch" (sp? :-)

> > I will soon have a 3rd voice at 3/8 , so the score should look like :
>
> voice 1 o    o    o  | o    o    o  |
> voice 2 o    o  | o    o  | o    o  |
> voice 3 o. | o. | o. | o. | o. | o. |
>
> Do you have any idea about how to do this ?

Without knowing how to solve it I have some questions again.

In your ASCII picture the third voice behaves different from the first two.
In the first two voices a quarter occupies the space of a quarter. In the third
voice a dotted quarter occupies the space a normal quarter occupies in the
first two voices. Or do you mean:

voice 1: o o o|o o o|
voice 2: o o|o o|o o|
voice 3: o.|o.|o.|o.|

And a technical question: how should the bars be numbered?

AFAIK in earlier times _your_ version would have been coded as 2/4 and 6/8 with
"o>" as accented quarter to indicate the rhythmic change in the first voice