On Sun, Sep 30, 2001 at 09:41:33PM -0400, David T-G wrote:
> Derek --
>
> I think that Brendan answered my question on this long ago, but it's my
> understanding that the IMAP server decides whether to mark the message
> 'O'ld or not and that mutt has nothing to do with it and can't fix it
> like we'd like -- and that the spec is for the server to change it thus,
> so either I misremembered the performance on my box or the SysAdmin
> upgraded the IMAP server to one (or a version of the same) that no longer
> failed to implement that standard.

That doesn't seem to be the case -- I unset mark_old and it does
indeed not mark the messages old.

This does not fix my problem though, because mutt for some reason
doesn't realize that the folder still has new mail in it, unless I
actually exit mutt and restart it.

Oh well.

> % mailers, such as netscape for example, behave in this way; i.e. there
> % is no differentiation between new mail and old unread mail.
>
> Even with IMAP?  Hmmm...

Definitely.

Derek Martin          |   Unix/Linux geek
[EMAIL PROTECTED]    |   GnuPG Key ID: 0x81CFE75D
Retrieve my public key at http://pgp.mit.edu