At 23:05 -0400 30 Sep 2001, "Derek D. Martin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 30, 2001 at 09:41:33PM -0400, David T-G wrote:
> > I think that Brendan answered my question on this long ago, but it's my
> > understanding that the IMAP server decides whether to mark the message
> > 'O'ld or not and that mutt has nothing to do with it and can't fix it

> That doesn't seem to be the case -- I unset mark_old and it does
> indeed not mark the messages old.

As I understand it (I've never used mutt with IMAP, but I have worked
with the code for $mark_old), this isn't exactly true.  The messages
will still be marked as old, but when $mark_old is unset mutt will
totally ignore that and consider old messages as new.  If you set
$mark_old before entering an IMAP folder any messages that had
previously been seen will still show up as old.

Note the variable must be set before entering the folder, since with the
standard mutt code the flag is ignored as messages are parsed.  I
submitted a patch to change this (along with splitting the two meanings
of $mark_old) awhile ago, but it hasn't been accepted.

--
Aaron Schrab     [EMAIL PROTECTED]      http://www.execpc.com/~aarons/
 What kind of head of security would I be if I let people like me know