Ivan --

...and then Ivan Castillo Escobar said...
%
% Hi!

Hello!

%
% Somebody can tell me how to write the exact command to send a mail with
% an attachment using the command line (mutt), without the need to enter
% the vi editor to write the message body???. I need to use a mutt command
% to be executed in a UNIX shell ...

No biggie.  Something like

  echo "this is the body (it could be empty)" | \
    mutt -a /path/to/file/to/attach -s "optional subject" [EMAIL PROTECTED]

will do you just fine.  If you don't specify a subject and haven't turned
off $abort_nosubject you'll be asked for one, just like the null message
body issue (note that empty or "" is not the same as null).

%
% Please help me with this problem ....

Actually, the Fine Manual contains all of the information you need, but
the bit about stdin is not necessarily intuitive, so here ya go.

%
% Thanks,

HTH & HAND & Happy Holidays to all

%