Tom --

Funny...  I've been seeing mutt-only questions on the cygwin list and
trying to get those over here, and now this appears to have some cygwin
elements and I don't see you over there.  mutt-users, cygwin, and gnupg
seem to have a large subset of common work :-)

...and then Thomas Baker said...
%
% Dear all,
%
% I have been working with Mutt/Cygwin in the hopes that I
% would eventually move to a Linux machine, but it looks like

Yay! :-)

% I'm stuck for awhile on Win2000, so I thought I'd see if

Boo! :-(

% anyone else has solved any of its shortcomings with respect
% to Mutt/Linux.  The ones that bother me the most are:

I'm afraid I don't have any answers for your mailcap, urlview, or
muttprint questions.  Best of luck there.

% 4) would have said "no Procmail", but that appeared in the
%    Cygwin distribution about three or four weeks ago.
%    However, I haven't found any installation instructions
%    for Procmail/Cygwin.

It should be pretty easy: you type "setup" and then install procmail :-)
Has it given you any fits, or did you simply not know that it's available
through setup?

%
% Do any Cygwin users out there have tips about any of the above?

I'm sure the cygwin list can provide you some help :-)

%
% My constraint is that I am a non-programmer and will only
% compile from sources if forced into a tight corner, and none
% of these missing functionalities actually make it impossible
% for me to work...

You shouldn't have to do any compiling for procmail; setup should install
it for you (barring its other problems at the moment, none of which seem
to actually be fatal if you're a little patient).  You'll find it under
the 'Mail' section when setup pulls down a new copy of setup.ini for you.

%
% Tom

HTH & HAND

:-D