Hi Tom,

Thomas Baker wrote:
> 4) would have said "no Procmail", but that appeared in the
>    Cygwin distribution about three or four weeks ago.
>    However, I haven't found any installation instructions
>    for Procmail/Cygwin.

   I use fetchmail to fetch mail from my POP account and use procmail to
deliver it to my local maildir (~/Maildir/inbox/).  All with cygwin on
Windows NT.  In my .fetchmailrc there is a line:

mda: 'procmail -m D:/home/.procmailrc'

   which calls procmail and passes the filename of my .procmailrc to it.
  Without this procmail fails, telling me that
/var/spool/mail/Administrator could not be created -- but I don't use
'Administrator' as my login name ...

   In my .procmailrc I have one rule to deliver all mail to my inbox:

MAILDIR=D:/home/Maildir

:0
$MAILDIR/inbox/

   HTH