On Dec 15, 2011, at 12:41 PM, Ricky Beam wrote:
> Because it's not ARIN's job to clean up someone else's stupid.

ARIN's job (well, beyond the world travel, publishing comic books, handing out
raffle prizes, etc.) is to allocate and register addresses according to
community-defined documented policies. I had thought new allocations are based
on demonstrated need. The fact that addresses are in use would seem to suggest
they're needed. As I've said, I haven't been following ARIN's policy
discussions -- can you point me to the policy that says allocations can be
denied because you happened to have (demonstrably ill-advisedly) used the wrong
bit patterns in setting up your network?

Thanks,
-drc