Hi Gustaf

thanks for the response. I've been looking at this in more detail this
afternoon and it does appear to be caused by something in the interaction of
our OpenACS application with 4.99.27. As I previously mentioned, it has been
running fine on 4.99.24 on the same Ubuntu version. I realise that I may not
have been clear on this point on my previous email: this is Naviserver running
on Ubuntu in a Docker container. The version of Naviserver is based on this
Docker build https://github.com/oupfiz5/naviserver-s6 which I have forked and
updated to 4.99.27 (I may well have missed something in updating NS version -
maybe I should have waited until oupfiz updates his build).

  *   I can confirm that nsd-config.tcl runs fine with 4.99.27
  *   Some good news: I am able to do an OpenACS clean install on Oracle with
4.99.27. I then successfully installed our application using the APM. However,
once I restart Naviserver the problems start.
  *   I tried using the openacs-config.tcl that ships with 4.99.27 and the
problems are happening with that too.

Here is a selection of the kinds of errors I'm seeing:

  *   munmap_chunk(): invalid pointer

  *   free(): invalid next size (fast)
  *   corrupted size vs. prev_size

  *   malloc(): unaligned tcache chunk detected

What is odd is that it seems to be able to handle one request before crashing.
Eg. I type in the URL, it shows the /register page but then crashes. After
restarting, I enter my login details on the register page, press return. It
then crashes. After restarting, it successfully logs me, then crashes again.

There is no clear pattern in the logs. I thought it might be related to OCSP
and disabled that, but the problems continued to occur.
Turning on debug hasn't helped - but maybe there is so much information in the
log that I have missed something important.

What drivers are you referring to in your question?

thanks
Brian