Paul,

This is quite a nice project. It looks like a very clean display.
I have run out of the custom transformers I had made in 2006, and I'm quite interested in using off-the-shelf ones in the future. Would you be willing to share a schematic of what you made? I also appreciate using SVG rather than rolling your own graphics. That's a nice standard solution that makes sense in this age.