Stunning as usual..1 x Omnixie to power it all.Amazing👍

From🚨Peter Hall😁 insidiousnixies🦘Utube

On 10 Apr 2024 1:46 pm, Richard Scales <rich...@scalesweb.co.uk> wrote:
If there was ever an example of over engineering then this must be it! Here we have 14 PCBs, 180 transistors, 360 resistors and 13 processors all working together to drive six SP-252 multi segment Panaplex displays using the Smart Socket circuit that was designed originally for B-7971 tubes.
It's taken quite some time to pull this all together, mostly because of all the SMD parts and my soldering skills - the resistors are 0603.SP-252Pic2.jpgSP-252Pic3.jpgSP-252Pic1.jpg
Regardless, the hardware is done, now working on the software to take advantage of 12 digits of alpha numeric neon.
Each display sits on its own PCB. Two Smart socket PCB's plug in to the back of the display board - one on top - one underneath - these then plug in to the backplane that has the power supplies, sensor and Wemos.

Time is NTP synced, at 30 seconds past each minute it will display (in a scrolling  or some other transitioning style):

The date - like" WEDNESDAY 10TH APRIL 2024"
or
Sensor Data which is temperature, humidity, pressure
or
One of 10 pre-defined text sequences
I plan to add a web gui to allow setting of the timezone and definition of the text messages to scroll at some point - Many thanks to Paul Andrews for his assistance with that. The thing now sits in a case and looks a lot more presentable - I'll get some pictures of that asap.
- Richard