I agree to a certain extent with what Simon wrote, ignorance plays a part
in the fundamentalist, mass-marketed forms of faith - the hysteric
forms. and also agree with the points he raised about what happened to
Salmon Rushdie.

I think to come out and say that Faith is Death Camps etc is massively
generalizing considering there are billions on the planet who have faith
of some description or other - it is the minority - where the power is
clustered and those whom it focuses upon, this is where the problems lie.

This and his lack of tolerance and respect for other peoples faiths and
beliefs is what i found a offensive.

Though with hindsight perhaps Simon's basic respect for human beings is
more what I am thinking about with regard to peoples faiths and beliefs.
We should have a basic respect and tolerance of people's faiths and
beliefs. To not do so we'd need to bring back the witch hunts, would we
not?

James.