On Fri, 2003-01-10 at 22:57, Triebwasser, Mark wrote:
> Hmmm, I applied the temporary fix but the problem still exists.

That is very strange indeed. Did I get this wrong? Try renaming all
occurrences of mkstemp to mktemp instead (there should only be one).

> I wait for
> the analysis.

I think the analysis for the cause of the problem is simple enough:

Due to some "bad press" wrt. use of the good old mktemp() function, the
mkstemp() function was (far too uncritically we know learn)
substitiuted. Bad move, since they are not the same. mkstemp() also
*opens* the file in question.

The analysis for the best solution remain. But:

Since the filename returned by mktemp() is not used in an open(), but
rather in a rename(), I think much of the problems with mktemp() does
not apply. Certainly, on a machine where you do not allow possibly
"aggressive" users, I'm quite sure mktemp() is quite all right.

Anyway: I am still pretty sure that getting rid of mkstemp() should cure
the problem. Are you sure everything was compiled/linked/installed?

Egil
--
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Voice/videophone: +47 22523641 Voice: +47 92022780 Fax: +47 22525899