Bernt Hansson wrote:

Triebwasser, Mark wrote:

Has anyone had issues where newsx gets a "Too many open files" error? I'm
running newsx on a i386 FreeBSD machine.

I've had that problem with FreeBSD 4.5 and newsx 1.5 pre.

I didn't read all of the thread before answering ....
I "upgraded" to newsx 1.5....and the problem dissapered
after setting sysctl max.kernfile to 1024.