On Wed, Jan 22, 2003 at 09:29:07AM +0100, Egil Kvaleberg wrote:
> I've put a version 1.6 preview release under:

>        http://home.powertech.no/egilkv/newsx-1.6pre.tar.gz

> To avoid the pre-version becoming permanent, I've put it in a temporary
> location. I will release a proper 1.6 by the end of the week if things
> go well.
[...]

Hello,
I have just browsed bugzilla and have seen that you have resolved all
the problems in 1.6pre - even my wishlist-bug #189. :-)

Are there any showstoppers left? If not may I suggest releasing
1.6pre2 as fast as possible for testing and rerelease it _unchanged_
as 1.6 if no showstoppers-bugs are found after a week.

If just cannot spare the time now because of rl or other duties feel
free to completely ignore this mail.
          thanks, cu andreas