Sure looks (and sounds) like it to me. I think you can even rule out
Bicknell's, haha.

As you say, it is exciting. This brings up something I've been meaning to
propose: Given how many Gray-cheeked and Swainson's thrushes are actually
seen in Britain, it occurs to me that it might be cool to put up a detector
on the Isles of Scilly pointing out toward the ocean. Especially near a
light, if there is one. We all know the truism that you can hear more
Gray-cheeks in an hour than you might see in a lifetime. If that applies to
thrushes excitedly approaching the British Isles, imagine how many thrushes
you might detect that way.

Best, --Ted

Ted Floyd
Lafayette, Boulder County, Colorado