On 28/2/2013 8:55 μμ, Michael Markstaller wrote:

> The ambition is to detect things like large-scale Portscans form
> internal and external, internal Hosts doing "strange" things like
> trying/sending many SMTP (despite legitimate Servers) out and whatever
> one could imagine being unusual traffic.

I had requested the same thing in the past, see threads:
http://www.mail-archive.com/nfsen-discuss@lists.sourceforge.net/msg02502.html
http://www.mail-archive.com/nfsen-discuss@lists.sourceforge.net/msg02535.html
http://www.mail-archive.com/nfsen-discuss@lists.sourceforge.net/msg02497.html

Development in this area would turn nfsen to a really (administrator's)
life-saving application.

I hope we shall see some advancement in this field in the near future.
(It's up to Peter.)

Nick