Hi Adrian,
On 5/20/13 W21 7:43, Adrian Popa wrote:
> 1. As far as I know there is no distributed nfsen architecture with a
> centralized webend. It could probably be hacked on
> with running nfdump on various hosts and exporting the folders read-only over
> NFS + a centralized nfsen that would do
> only the displaying, but it would be a hack at this point (IMHO)

True - at the moment, there is no distributed architecture. I know, it's an
issue and it's on the todo list.
Meamwhile, yes - you can distribute collectors connecting over NFS, however, I
don't know if this scales. How important
is this for you and for others?

> 2. Raw data is never aggregated. It is just expired automatically after a set
> period of time/disk space. Even if you
> expire the data you will still have graphs for up to one year (that's how the
> RRD is set up). The graphs themselves do
> data aggregation (averaging), but this is a function of rrdgraph.

True - how would you like to aggregate flow data? What makes sense in your view?

- Peter

> Hope it helps,
> Adrian
>

> On Sat, May 18, 2013 at 3:24 AM, Allen Chan <allen.c...@five9.com
> <mailto:allen.c...@five9.com>> wrote:
>
>     Nfsen has been running for 3 days now and we are loving it. Still working
> my way around the UI to understand the data.
>     I have a few questions that I cannot find an obvious answer for.
>
>      1. How does one scale Nfsen product to handle thousands of flows/sec?
> All the commercial products have ways to
>         scale (horizontally mostly). I wonder if nfsen supports that.
> Multiple collectors with central nfsen server?
>      2. How is data aggregation handled? Most products start aggregating data
> after a certain amount of time. What is
>         the raw data period for Nfsen and when does the product start
> aggregating data for graphs? Is it configurable?
>
>     Thanks,
>     Allen Chan

>     CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail and any files attached may contain
> confidential information of Five9 and/or its
>     affiliated entities. Access by the intended recipient only is authorized.
> Any liability arising from any party
>     acting, or refraining from acting, on any information contained in this
> e-mail is hereby excluded. If you are not
>     the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately, destroy the
> original transmission and its attachments
>     and do not disclose the contents to any other person, use it for any
> purpose, or store or copy the information in
>     any medium. Copyright in this e-mail and any attachments belongs to Five9
> and/or its affiliated entities.

> AlienVault Unified Security Management (USM) platform delivers complete
> security visibility with the essential security capabilities. Easily and
> efficiently configure, manage, and operate all of your security controls
> from a single console and one unified framework. Download a free trial.
> http://p.sf.net/sfu/alienvault_d2d

Be nice to your netflow data