Hello everybody,

In order to obtain predicted values in a PopPK analysis without covariates
at points in time with no actual values I have inserted extra rows
indicated with EVID=2. The covariance step is completed when including
these extra rows and precision of the parameter estimates are adequate.
When omitting the extra rows {IGNORE=(EVID.EQ.2)}, I get exactly the same
parameter estimates, the covariace step can be completed with some
difficulty, but precision of the parameter estimates are now inadequate. I
use METHOD=1 and just like Ahmed Abbas Suleiman experienced (
https://cognigencorp.com/nonmem/current/2013-February/4440.html 2
<https://cognigencorp.com/nonmem/current/2013-February/4440.html>), my
outcome did not differ between the two conditions when setting METHOD=0. I
saw that William Denney has responded to a similar question in 2016 (
https://cognigencorp.com/nonmem/current/2016-February/6085.html 2
<https://cognigencorp.com/nonmem/current/2016-February/6085.html>).

I cannot see any response to Ahmed’s comment; do you Bill or somebody else
have any idea why the outcomes differ with METHOD=1 but not with METHOD=0
in NonMem when including extra rows in the data set?

Thank you in advance and kind regards,

Johan