Hi Johan,

Since I answered the original message, I’ll respond here, too, though with
a less specific answer at this point.  If you could provide the control
stream and data (or example of the data), that would help.

My guess is generally similar to my guess in 2016.  The integration steps
could be too long and the problem too stiff without the EVID=2 rows.
Usually, this is automatically detected by the integrator, but if there is
a major change in the problem dynamics (e.g. TMDD), the EVID=2 rows could
assist the integrator with an intermediate step.  This may show up in the
covariance step because the maximum likelihood estimate has good
convergence properties, but nearby there is a space that has poor
properties (such as the TMDD behavior changing significantly).  This could
also occur if you do not have bounds on parameters that require bounds
(such as a linear estimate of clearance which is not restricted to be > 0).

For a more specific answer, I think that I’d need to see the code and data.

Thanks,

Bill