Hi Johan,

If you could share your code and a relevant snippet of your dataset you might get more specific help. Without such detail: Bill's suggestion (time-varying covariate) could extend to the covariance step as well - those calculations might be more sensitive to the different values generated (values may be much smaller or larger because they depend on individual eta's). If you use differential equations, the additional time steps requested by EVID=2 might be more sensitive in a similar way.

BTW, with nm7.3 onwards there is a system to prevent EVID=2 calculations in the est/cov steps, by using MDV=101 or larger. In intro nm7 guide I66:

"I.66 Ignoring Non-Impact Records During Estimation (NM73)
Typically users may produce data files that are augmented with additional non-dose, non- observation records in order to output predicted values at additional times to create high resolution curves. However, too many of such records tend to slow down the estimation analysis. As of NM73, if an MDV is set to a value greater than or equal to 100, it is converted to that value minus 100 upon input, but will not be used during estimation or covariance assessment, only for table outputting. This option allows you to use the same file for estimation and table outputs, without significantly slowing down the estimation. So if MDV=101, it will be converted to 1 upon use for final evaluations, and the records will be ignored during estimation."

Hope this helps & best regards,

Jeroen

http://pd-value.com
jer...@pd-value.com