   barr...@nspipes.co.uk writes:

     Just because a piece breaks some notional (artificial?) rules,
     doesn't
     make it bad music.

   Oddly, I don't think W on the W does break any rules in this sense.

   Except for our preference for 4 bar phrases, and Dave may have spotted
   the remedy for that.

   But is the best thing we can say about it that it's grammatical?

   So is Chomsky's 'Colourless green ideas sleep furiously',

   though it is totally meaningless.

   Was Dunk trying to write a paradox, or Northumbrian-style music?

   Certainly not succeeding in the latter.

   John