At 06:37 16/06/2003 +0200, you wrote:
Hans Hagen wrote:

> you mix up two mechanisms:

Yes, after studying the Chinese module for a while, I also came to the
conclusion that I mixed up bad! :-)

So instead of enjoying the nice weather during the weekend, I wrote some
mapping files that will create subfonts for EUC-JP encoding. Each subfont
contains glyphs with the same first byte, just like the idea behind the
Chinese module.

Then I wrote a basic 'font-jpn.tex' file and now I can write Japanese in
EUC-JP encoding, including basic line breaking!

I was still working on this and wanted to release it when it was more
useful, but I guess I have to speed things up now. Also, since I'm not an
expert in ConText, I'm sure I'm doing some things completely the wrong way,
so I think it's good if someone else will take a look at it. There is a lot
to improve! :-)

wang lei (chinese) and chof (korean) are experts in that area

                                  Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | [EMAIL PROTECTED]