\normal...

\interfaced #1->\ifcsname \k!prefix! #1
                                       \endcsname \csname \k!prefix!
#1\endc...

\doifdefinedelse #1->\edef \p!defined {#1
                                         }\ifcsname \detokenize [EMAIL PROTECTED]
{\p!def...
<argument> ...yfontsize \interfaced {\@@vnkorps }}
                                                   {\setbodyfontstep
l.14             \stoptabulate

If I am using \setupfootnotes[bodyfont=5pt,offset=-1cm] then I  get  the
footnote typeset in 5pt but still cmr and the error in the log-file is still

check          : missing or ungrouped '=' after '0' in line 9 (@@vn)

Defining bodyfontsizes by \definebodyfont does not cure the problem.

Cheers Willi