Hi,

Just in case some one is interested in detailed footnote problems:

In the last time I was fiddling a lot on the problem of setting up footnotes - the
task was to have different defined font and interlinespace sizes for text as well as
for footnotes.

The first solution that I constructed with commands and keywords from the manual (and
etexshow) seemed to give the desired result:

\setupbodyfont[10pt]
\setupinterlinespace[line=15pt]
\definefont [FNfont][Serif at 8pt]
\def\FNstyle{\FNfont\setupinterlinespace[line=15pt]}
\setupfootnotes[numbercommand=]
\setupfootnotedefinition[style=\FNstyle]

\starttext
\input tufte \footnote{\input knuth }
\input tufte \footnote{\input knuth }
\stoptext

But it just worked OK for *normal* sizes.
When set to extreme values it begun to show strange phenomena (see the distances over
and under each first line of a footnote):

\setupbodyfont[4pt]
\setupinterlinespace[line=45pt]
\definefont [FNfont][Serif at 4.5pt]
\def\FNstyle{\FNfont\setupinterlinespace[line=12pt]}
\setupfootnotes[numbercommand=]
\setupfootnotedefinition[style=\FNstyle]

\starttext
\input tufte \footnote{\input knuth }
\input tufte \footnote{\input knuth }
\stoptext

After re-combining the different option and command for setupfootnotes and
setupfootnotedefinition without improvement, I started to search through the source
files and found the very interesting command \setfootnotebodyfont.

With this command a setup can be written that works, finally:

\setupbodyfont[4pt]
\setupinterlinespace[line=45pt]
\definefont [FNfont][Serif at 4.5pt]
\def\setfootnotebodyfont{\FNfont\setupinterlinespace[line=12pt]}
\setupfootnotes[numbercommand=]
\setupfootnotedefinition[style=\FNfont]

\starttext
\input tufte \footnote{\input knuth }
\input tufte \footnote{\input knuth }
\stoptext

Maybe this helps someone.

Steffen
P.S. If there is still need for improvement, please correct.