Hi Taco,

Ok your hack works for small files but in my larger work this is causing TeX's
capacity to overload (indeed, I don't think I've run into this particular
overload message before; does the `255' signify some ceiling here?):

! TeX capacity exceeded, sorry [grouping levels=255].
\normalinmargin #1->{
                     \parindent 0pt \normalinmargin {#1}}
\normalinmargin ...indent 0pt \normalinmargin {#1}
                                                  }
\normalinmargin ...indent 0pt \normalinmargin {#1}
                                                  }
\normalinmargin ...indent 0pt \normalinmargin {#1}
                                                  }
\normalinmargin ...indent 0pt \normalinmargin {#1}
                                                  }
\normalinmargin ...indent 0pt \normalinmargin {#1}
                                                  }

Although if I implement this manually it does not overload TeX:

\setupoutput[pdftex]%

\setupindenting[medium]

%\let\normalinmargin\inmargin
%\def\inmargin#1{{\parindent0pt \normalinmargin{#1}}}

\starttext

\input knuth {\parindent0pt\inmargin{This is a test.}}

Something about that pseudo-recursive definition I suppose? It may take a
while for me to narrow this new problem down to a small file, but I can
privately send you the larger files if you care to look at this.

Thnx 4 all your help.

Best
Idris