Am 2005-07-14 um 21:13 schrieb Steffen Wolfrum:

But, why is the Vietnamese example with
\enableregime[utf]
linked under
vis = viscii VISCII Vietnamesevis = viscii VISCII Vietnamese
and not accessable with
utf    UTF-8    Unicode ? (Same for cyrillic)

Is this just a wrong link, or does this show that I don't have understood the
realationship between regimes and encoding?
Shouldn't all UTF relevant examples be listed under UTF?

All examples are (could be) relevant for UTF-8, because you can set (nearly)
everything in Unicode.

VISCII is one possible encoding for Vietnamese (and only for Vietnamese), so I found it rather logical to link from there to V., even if the V. example
uses UTF-8, which is probably more modern - as probably a lot of other
encodings are obsolete/deprecated.

So, even if the V. example could be considered a general UTF-8 example,
it shows how one can (and perhaps should) typeset V.

So I guess the only error or missing link is the link from UTF-8 to Vietnamese
(and Cyrillic). Do it yourself as you please.

Grüßlis vom Hraban!
---
http://www.fiee.net/texnique/
http://contextgarden.net