On my macOS High Sierra your MWE works fine. Although I remember that
I didn't use Homebrew, but had to build zint manually.

>From log:

optional > using library
'/Users/monty/context/tex/texmf-osx-64/bin/lib/luametatex/zint/libzint.so'

Here it is enough that
libzint.so be a link:

libzint.so -> /usr/local/lib/libzint.2.10.0.0.dylib

Delete the texmf-cache and run ./mtxrun --generate again, once you've
made this link (or copied libzint.2.10.0.0.dylib to
$TEXROOT/tex/texmf-osx-64/bin/lib/luametatex /zint/libzint.so)

[image: image.png]

Greetings,

L. Montgomery

PD.- Does zint-qt work well?